Ent Says YES for Kids
2021 YES Grant Winners Have Been Announced!
We see young people as crucial to the present and future success of their communities. And it’s why after 21 years, we’re still approving Ent Youth Endowment Series (YES) grants to not-for-profit agencies that benefit youth in the communities we serve. In 2021, we awarded $200,000 in grants to deserving organizations across the state of Colorado.
Since we began in 2000, Ent YES Grants totaling more than $1.6 million have helped 240 Colorado nonprofits serve children of all ages in crucial and life-changing ways. Among other support services, YES Grants have helped organizations throughout the state provide shelter for children facing abuse, put food on the table, foster education and literacy programs and much more.
This year, we received 164 applications with grant asks of $1.32 million. Through competitive applications, and the tireless work of our panelists committee, we narrowed that down to a total of 53 grant recipients. See the list below to view our YES Grant recipients that are serving our Colorado communities.
- 3Hopeful Hearts
- Adoption Options
- Art Students League of Denver
- Canyon Concert Ballet
- Child Advocates - Denver CASA
- Clothes to Kids of Denver
- Convivir Colorado
- Crossroads Safehouse, Inc.
- Crossroads School, Inc
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Food Bank for Larimer County
- Havern Center, Inc.
- Home Builders Foundation
- Jefferson County Library Foundation
- Junior Achievement-Northern Colorado
- Mi Casa Resource Center
- Reading Partners of Colorado
- Seventh Day Rest
- Shiloh Home Inc
- St. Vrain Valley Schools Education Foundation
- Tree Early Childhood Learning Center
- The TLC Learning Center
- Thriving Families
- Assistance League of Colorado Springs
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado
- CASA Of the Pikes Peak Region, Inc.
- Compass 31
- Concrete Couch
- Court Care for the Pikes Peak Region
- Early Connections Learning Centers
- Educating Children of Color, Inc.
- Ellicott Preschool
- Fostering Hope Foundation
- Kingdom Builders Family Life Center
- Peak Education
- Safe Passage
- Teen Court
- Assistance League of Pueblo
- Bits of Freedom
- CASA of Pueblo
- County Kids 4-H Club
- Support Alliance of Colorado Springs
- Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region
- Junior Achievement of Southern Colorado
- Southern Colorado Youth Development
- Special Kids Special Families
- Careers in Construction Colorado
- HopeKids Colorado
- Labratory to Combat Human Trafficking
- Minds Matter Colorado
- Newborn Hope, Inc.
- PCs for People
YES Grant Common Questions
Applications will be accepted beginning February 1, 2021 and will be accepted through March 12, 2021.
The YES Grants application has been simplified so the nonprofits can continue to serve children across Colorado.
Organizations should provide as much information as they can in their application (program mission, agency impact, how the grant funds would be used, etc.). Unfortunately, because we receive so many applications across Colorado, there is no guarantee that an extensive application guarantees a grant amount.
Yes. As long as each program is unique with different objectives, which are clearly articulated, the decision committees review the application programs, not just the nonprofit.
An organization ask should be based on their needs. The decision committees review the program, the impact of the program, and the expenses incurred for the program.
Yes, however, if they have been awarded a major grant ($2,500 or above) two years in a row, they are not eligible for a major grant, but could be considered for a lesser amount.
Apply for the program based on the agency’s needs. The decision committees review each application and assess articulated benefits of the program, regardless of how established the program is. However, an established program may have more history about which to describe outcomes.
The grant award can be applied to both program expenses and general expenses for the non-profit. The application should be clear on how the expenses will be used so the decision committees can assess greatest need and impacts.
The winners are selected through our YES Grants employee decision committee. Ent employees apply to be a part of the committee and go through training on the YES Grants Program.
The winners will be announced in June 2021.
Want to know more about Ent?